Authorised Lay Bible
1. Moreover, when he came down from the mountain, great multitudes [of people] followed him.
2. And see ye, a leper came [fell upon his knees, his face to the ground in reverence] and worshipped him.
3. And stretching out his hand, Yesous touched him, saying, “I will, be ye cleansed.” And immediately he was cleansed from his leprosy.
4. And Yesous said to him, “Gaze at me. See that you tell no one. Nevertheless, go, show yourself to the priest, and present the offering which Moses specified, as a witness to them.
5. And when Yesous came to Capernaum, a Military Commandant over a hundred captains came to him, imploring him.
6. For he said, “My Lord, my child is stricken down with paralysis. He is grievously tormented.
7. And Yesous said to him, “I am coming, and I will heal him.”
8. But responding to him, the one who was Military Commandant over a hundred captains made known his mind to him, saying, “My Lord, I am not worthy that you should come under my roof. Rather only speak ye the word, and my child shall be cured.
9. “For I am also a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, “Go ye” and he goes. And also, to another “Come ye” and he comes. And to those servants of mine, “Do this,” and he does it.
10. But on hearing this, Yesous marveled, and he said to those who followed him. “Truly, I say to you, nowhere in Israel have I seen so great a faith.”
11. “But I say to you that many from the east and west shall come, and they shall relax with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, in the kingdom of the heavens.
12. However, those who are sons of the kingdom, they shall be thrust out into the darkness of the outermost. There shall be in that place, those weeping and those gnashing their teeth.
13. And Yesous said to the commandant over a hundred captains, “Go, and as you have believed, let it be so to you.” And he healed his child in that very moment.”
14. And when Yesous came into the house of Petros [Peter], he saw [Peter’s] wife’s mother laid down and sick with fever.
15. And he touched her [by] the hand, and the fever left her. And she arose, and served them.
16. But when evening came, they brought to him many who were demon-possessed, and he cast out those spirits with his word, and all those who were sick, he healed.
17. That it might be fulfilled, the utterance through Yesaiah the prophet, saying, “He himself took our weaknesses, and bore our sicknesses.”
18. And when Yesous saw [the] great multitudes around him, he gave command to depart to the other side.
19. And one [religious] scholar came and said to him, “Teacher, I will follow you wherever ye go.”
20. And Yesous said to him, “The foxes they have holes, and those birds of heaven, they have their habitation in nests. But the Son of Man has no where to rest his head.”
21. And another of those disciplines of his said to him, “My Lord, permit me to depart first, and bury my father.”
22. But Yesous said to him, “Follow me, and leave those who are dead, to bury those who dead themselves.”
23. And he stepped into the boat, those who were his disciples following him.
24. And see, a great storm came up in the sea, so much so that the ship was covered under the waves. But he was asleep.
25. And they came to him, those who were his disciples, and they said, “Lord, save us, we are destroyed.”
26. And he said to them, “Why are ye fearful, ye of little faith?” Then he arose and rebuked the winds and the sea. And there was a great calm.
27. And those men marveled, they said, “Where from is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him?
28. And [when] he came to the other side, into the territory of the Gergesenes, two demon-possessed met him, they cried out from the tombs, exceedingly dangerous, insomuch that no one was strong enough to pass through that way of his.
29. And see, they screamed out saying, “What is there between us and you, Yesous, Son of God? Come ye here to torment us before the appointed time?”
30. Moreover, there was a long way off from them a herd of pigs grazing.
31. And the demons entreated him , saying, “If you [must] cast us out, permit us to go into the herd of pigs.”
32. And he said to them, “Go ye under.” And they came out and went into the herd of swine. And see, they plunged, the whole of the herd of pigs, down the steep into the sea, and they died on the waters.
33. And those [herdsman] who fed them fled, and they went into the city, reporting everything, and also about those that were possessed by demons.
34. And see, all the city came out to the meeting s of Yesous. And they saw him, they besought him to walk away from their borders.
© 2017 Laybible Translation Group http://www.laybible.com
Started translation 10:05 am 31st July, 2017. Completed 2:15 pm 7th August, 2017.