Matthew 4 – Authorised Lay Bible
1. Then, Yesous was led up into the desert place by the Spirit, to be tempted by the devil.
2. And he fasted forty days and also, forty nights. Afterwards he became hungry.
3. And drawing near to him, the tempter said, “If you are the Son of God indeed, command that these stones become loaves of bread.
4. And he answered him saying, “It is written, it is not by bread that a man should live. A man shall live by every rhema [divine utterance and revelation] which has gone forth out of the mouth of God.
5. the devil took him himself towards the Holy City, and stood him upon the top of the wings of the Holy temple.
6. And he said to him, if you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written that, the angels has he ordered concerning you, indeed by their hands shall they lift you up. Lest you strike your foot against the stone.
7. Yesous said to him, “Again to is written, “You shall not test the Lord your God.
8. Again, the devil took him to an exceedingly high mountain and showed to him all the kingdoms of the world, even their glory.
9. But he said to him, these, the whole of them will I give to you, if you prostrate yourself and worship me.
10. At that time, Yesous [Jesus] said to him, “Go away from behind me Satan, for it is written, you shall worship the Lord your God, and he only shall you serve.”
11. Then the devil departed from him, and behold, angels came and served him.
12. Moreover, Yesous [Jesus] hearing that Yohanan [John] had been delivered up to be judged, withdrew into Galilayah.
13. And departing from Nazareth , he arrived and settled in Capernaum, beside the sea, by the boundaries of Zebulum and Nephthaleime .
14. So that it be fulfilled, the utterance by Yeshayah [Isaiah] the prophet, saying,
15. Land of Zebulum and land of Nephthaleime by the way of the sea, on the other side of Yordan, Galilayah of the Gentiles.
16. The people that sat in darkness, see a great light, and also those dwelling in the surrounding regions, even in the shadow of death, over them light has risen.
17. From that moment, Yesous began to proclaim openly and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”
18. And walking by the sea of Galilayah, Yesous saw two brothers, Simon the one he named [Peter], and Andreas [Andrew] his brother, casting a fishing net into the sea, because they were fishermen.
19. And he said to them, “Come here now, follow after me and I will make you fishers of men.
20. And they forthwith, leaving behind their nets, followed after him [becoming his disciples].
21. And walking forward from that place, he saw another two brothers, Yacob [James] of Zebedae and Yochanan [John] his brother, in the boat with Zebedaeus their father, mending their fishing nets, and called out aloud to them.
22. They also, forthwith left the boat and their father, and followed him [became his disciples].
23. And they went about the whole of Galilayah, Yesous teaching in their synagogues and proclaimed openly the good news of the kingdom, and healing every sickness among the people gathered there.
24. There went forth the news [report] about him throughout the whole of Syria. And they brought to him all those who were sick having various diseases, and those afflicted by torments, even those under demonic powers, and lunatics, and paralytics, and he healed them all.
25. Therefore, there followed him a great multitude out of Galilayah and from Dekapolis [district of ten cities] , and from Yerusalem, and from Yudaea, and from the other side of Yordan.
Started translation 23:20 pm 30th January, 2016. Completed 17:34 pm 21st February, 2016.