Matthew 3 – Authorised Lay Bible
1. Moreover, in those days, Yohannes the Baptiser, appeared , preaching publicly in the wilderness of Yudea .
2. And was saying, “Repent, for indeed the kingdom of heaven is approaching.
3. For this is the one spoken of, by Yeshayah [Isaiah] the Prophet, saying, “A voice crying aloud in the wilderness, “Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make ye straight, those paths of his.”
4. Moreover, Yohannes [John] himself, had his garment from the hairs of camel, and his belt round about his loins [was] made of hide skin. And his food were locusts and honey from the wild fields.
5. At that time, Yerusalem came out to him, and even all of Yudaea, and all those from regions round about the [River] Yordan.
6. And they were dipped [baptised] in the Yarden [River] by him, confessing their sins.
7. And seeing many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming forth before him to be baptised, he said to them, “You generation of vipers, who showed you clearly the necessity to run to escape from the wrath that is about to come?
8. “Produce ye therefore, fruits worthy of those who have repented.
9. And do not suppose to say within yourselves, we have a father, even Abraham, for I say to you, that God is able to raise up, out of these stones, children to Abraham.
10. Now already, indeed the axe lie at the root of the trees, therefore, every tree that does not bear good fruits, is cut down and thrown into fire.
11. I indeed dip [baptise] you in water to repentance, but he who is coming after me, is mightier than I, of whose sandals, I am not fit to carry. He shall dip [baptise] you in the Holy Spirit and fire.
12. Wherefore, his winnowing fan is in his grasp, he shall clean thoroughly the ground of his threshing, and gather together his grain into the granary , but the chaff he shall burn up completely with unquenchable fire.
13. At that same time, Yesous [Jesus] arrived from Galilee to the Yordan and came near with the intention towards Yohannes to be baptised [by dipping] by him.
14. And Yohannes utterly forbade him, saying “I necessarily should be baptised by you, yet you come to me.
15. And responding to him, Yesous [Jesus] said to him, forbade me not anymore. Allow it be so at this moment. For in this manner it is fitting to render fully all the conditions of righteousness. He then yielded to him.
16. And having been dipped [baptised], Yesous [Jesus] ascended up from the water. And behold, the heavens opened up to him and he saw the Spirit of God descending as it were a done, and came forth upon [and followed] him.
17. Also, behold, a voice out from the heavens said, “This is that Son of mine, the one beloved, who I willingly chose .”
Started translation 12:25 pm 30th January, 2016. Completed 23:18 pm 30th January, 2016.