THE NEW TESTAMENT OF THE HOLY BIBLE – The Authorised Lay Bible
The Gospel According To Matthew
1. The sacred book of the lineage of Jesus Christ , [the] son of David, [the] son of Abraham.
2. Abraham gave birth to Isaac, Isaac gave birth to Jacob, and Jacob gave birth to Judah and also, other brothers of his.
3. And Judah gave birth to Pharez, and also to Zara by her [whose name was] Thamar. And Pharez gave birth to Esrom . And Esrom gave birth to Aram;
4. And Aram gave birth to Aminadab. And Aminadab gave birth to Naasson. And Naasson gave birth to Salmon.
5. And Salmon gave birth to Booz by her [whose name was] Rahab. Booz gave birth to Obed by her [whose name was] Ruth. Obed gave birth to Jesse.
6. Also, Jesse gave birth to David the king. David the king gave birth to Solomon by her [who had been formerly the wife] of Urias;
7. Also, Solomon gave birth to Reboam . And Reboam gave birth to Abia. And Abia gave birth to Asa.
8. And Asa gave birth to Yosaphat . And Yosaphat gave birth to Yoram. And Yoram gave birth to Ozias.
9. And Ozias gave birth to Yoatham. And Yoatham gave birth to Achaz. And Akhaz gave birth to Ezekias.
10. And Ezekias gave birth to Manasseh. And Manasseh gave birth to Amon. And Amon gave birth to Yechonias and his other brothers, until the time of the expatriation to Babylon.
11. And Yosiah gave birth to Yechonias and his other brothers, until the time of the expatriation to Babylon.
12. And after the expatriation to Babylon, Yeconiah gave birth to Salatiel. And Salatiel gave birth to Zorobabel.
13. And Zorobabel gave birth to Abuid. And Abuid gave birth to Eliakim. And Eliakim gave birth to Azor;
14. And Azor gave birth to Sadoc . And Sadoc gave birth to Achim. And Achim gave birth to Eliud.
15. And Eliud gave birth to Eleazer. And Eleazer gave birth to Matthan. And Matthan gave birth to Yacob.
16. And Yacob gave birth to Yoseph the husband of Mariam by whom was born Jesus, who is called by the nname”Christ.
17. Accordingly, all the generations between Abraham until David [are] fourteen generations. Also between David until the expatriation to Babylon [are] fourteen generations. Also between the expatriation to Babylon until Christ [are] fourteen generations.
18. Moreover, the birth of Jesus Christ was in this manner in happening: For his mother Mariam , was promised in marriage to Yoseph. Before either of them cohabited, she was found to have within her womb [a child] of the Most Holy Spirit.
19. And Yoseph her husband, being a devotee and not inclined to expose her to public ridicule, was disposed to put her away and divorce her that secretly.
20. However, while he pondered on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying “Yoseph, son of David, fear not, to take to yourself Mariam as your wife: for that conceived in her is by the Most Holy Spirit.
21. And she shall give birth to a son and you shall call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins
22. Now, all this happened in order that it might be fulfilled that which was declared by the Lord through the prophet, saying:
23. See, a virgin shall have within the womb [a child] and shall birth a son, and ye shall call his name Emmanuel; which is interpreted as “ God with us”.
24. And Yoseph awoke from sleep, did as the angel [of the] Lord enjoined him, and took to himself his wife.
25. And had no [sexual] knowledge of her until the time she gave delivery to her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.
Started translation 00:15 am December 31, 2016, Completed 22:06 pm 01 January,2016