The Authorised Lay Bible, ALB
1. The Elder, [to] her majesty , the elect, and those children of hers, whom I love in truth, and not I only, but also everyone that knows the truth.
2. Through the truth that dwells in us, and is with us forever [unto the ageless age].
3. Grace be with you, mercy, peace from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
4. I rejoiced exceedingly because I [met] some of your children walking in the truth, just as we received commandment [to do] from the Father.
5. And now I entreat you, your lordship, not as writing to you a new commandment, but the one which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
6. And this is that love, that we walk according to those commandments of his. This is that commandment, that just as ye [had] heard from the beginning, ye should also walk in them.
7. For many have been misled to go out into the world, who do not confess [that] Jesus Christ came in the flesh. This is the misleader and the antichrist.
8. See to yourselves, so that we do not destroy what we laboured for, but [rather] that we receive our full reward.
9. Everyone who is falling away and not abiding in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. He who abides in the teachings of Christ, that man also has the Father and the Son.
10. If anyone comes to you, and does not bear this teaching, receive him not into your house, and say not to him “farewell”.
11. For he who bids him farewell, partakes with him in those works of his that are wicked.
12. I have many things to write to you, [however], I will not do so through paper and ink. Nevertheless, I hope to come before you, and declare it face to face , so that your joy might be full.
13. They greet you, the children of your sister, the elect. Amen.
Started translation 19th June 22:54 pm 19th June, Completed translation 08:49 am 20th June, 2017