1 John 5 – The Authorised Lay Bible, ALB
1. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ , is born of God. And everyone who loves he who begot him, loves also he who is born by him.
2. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and we observe those commandments that are of his.
3. For this is the love of God, that we observe his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.
4. For everyone that is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that overcomes the world: our faith.
5. Who is he that overcomes the world, if not he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
6. This is he who came through water and blood, Jesus who is the Christ. Not by water alone, but with his blood and his Spirit. And it is the Spirit that bears witness, because the Spirit is the truth.
7. For there are three that witness in the heavens: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit. And these very three are one.
8. For there are three who witness in the earth: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood. And these three are in one.
9. If we receive the witness of men, the testimony of God is greater, because this is the witness of God which he testifies concerning his Son.
10. He who believes on the Son of God, has the witness in himself. He who does not believe that he is God, makes him a liar, because he believes not on the testimony which God testifies concerning his Son.
11. And this is the evidence [of it], that divine life that is eternal, which God gave to us, and that divine life is in his Son.
12. He who has the Son, has the divine life. He who has not the Son of God, the divine life he has not.
13. These [things] I have written to those of you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that ye might know that ye have the divine life that is eternal, and that ye might believe on the name of the Son of God.
14. And this is the confidence that we have towards him, that if we ask for anything according to his will, he hears us.
15. And if we know that he hears us whatever we ask, we know that we have been granted those petitions that we asked of him.
16. If anyone sees his brother sin a sin that is not unto death, let him ask, and he shall be given divine life, for those whose sin are not unto death. There is sin unto death. I do not say concerning it that ye should entreat because of it.
17. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is no sin without death.
18. We know that everyone who is born of God sins not. But he who is born of God is on his guard, and the wicked one touches him not.
19. We know that we are of the only God, and the whole world is set on their wickedness.
20. Moreover, we know that the Son of God came, and gave us understanding so that we would know the truth. And we are in him that is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and the divine life that is ageless .
21. Children, keep ye yourselves away from idols.
Started translation 19th June 10:52 am, Completed translation 22:52 pm 19th June, 2017