1 John 4 – The Authorised Lay Bible
1. Beloved, believe ye not every spirit, rather ascertain ye if those spirits are from the only God, because many false prophets have come forth into the world.
2. By this shall ye know definitely the Spirit of God. Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ came in the flesh is of the only God.
3. And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ came in the flesh, is not from God. And this is that same antichrist, which ye heard of, that he is coming, and at this present moment is already in the world.
4. Ye are of the only God, little children, and have overcome them, because greater is he [that is] in you, than he [that is] in the world.
5. They are of the world, therefore they speak of the world, and the world hears them.
6. We are from the only God. He who knows God, hears us. He who is not of God, hears us not. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of deception.
7. Beloved, let us love one another, because this love is of God, and everyone who loves, is born of God, and knows God.
8. He who loves not, knows not God, because this God is love.
9. By this was the love of God manifested in us, that God himself sent his son, the only one brought forth , into the world, so that we might live divinely through him.
10. In this is his love [demonstrated], not that we love God, but that he loved us and sent his only Son himself to be the atonement for those sins of ours.
11. Beloved, if in this manner God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12. No one has even for once [at anytime] seen God. If we love one another, God abides in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13. By this we know that he dwells in us, because out of the Spirit of himself he gave [to] us.
14. And we have seen, and we are witnesses that the Father sent his Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.
15. He who verily confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwells in him and he also [dwells] in God.
16. And we have known and believed in that love which God has for us. God is love, and he who dwells in this love, abides in God, and God in him.
17. By this is his love perfected within us. So that we might have confidence in the day of judgement, because as he is, so [also] are we in this world.
18. There is no fear in love, but perfect love is devoid of the fear of the rebellious, that is afraid of receiving punishment. And he who fears is not perfect in love.
19. We love him, because he loved us first.
20. If anyone says, that “I love God,” and he hates his brother, he is a liar. For he who loves not his brother whom he sees, how can he have power to love the only God whom he sees not.
21. And this is the commandment we have from him, that he who loves God, [should] love his brother also.
Started translation 07:27 am 19th June, 2017, Completed translation 10:50 am 19th June, 2017.