1 John 3 – The Authorised Lay Bible
1. See ye [my countrymen], what manner of love, which the Father has given to us, so that we are called children of God. For this reason, the world knows us not, because it knows him not.
2. Beloved, now we have become children of God, and it is not yet evident what we shall be, but we know that whenever he is made manifest , we shall be like him, that we shall see him as he is.
3. And everyone who has this hope upon him, purifies himself, just as he himself is pure.
4. Everyone who is committing sin, is also committing lawlessness. And the one who sins is the one who is lawless.
5. And ye know that he was made manifest, so that, those sins of yours would be taken away, for indeed in him there is no sin.
6. Everyone who is abiding in him, sins not. Everyone who sins has neither seen him, nor known him.
7. Little children, let nothing lead you astray . He who does righteousness is righteous, just as he is righteous.
8. He who commits sin, is of the devil , because from the beginning the devil has been sinning. For this purpose was he who is the Son of God manifested, so that he might destroy [and undo] the works of the devil.
9. Everyone who is born of God does not commit sin , because his seed abides in him. And he has no power to sin, because he is born of God.
10. By this are [they] made manifest, those who are children of God, and those who are the children of the devil. He who is not a doer of righteousness, is not of God, and he also who loves not his brother.
11. For this is the message which ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12. Not as Kain who was of the wicked one, and slew the one who is his brother. And on account of what slew he him? Because his works were evil , and those of his brother were righteous.
13. Marvel ye not my brethren, if the world hates you.
14. We know that we have been translated from the death to the divine life, because we love the brethren. He that loves not his brother, abides in the death.
15. He who hates any one of his brothers, is a manslayer. And ye know that every manslayer does not have eternal divine life abiding in him.
16. By this we know his love, that for our sakes he laid down his life. And we also ought to, for the sake of our brethren, to lay down our lives.
17. But whoever has the [good] life of the world, and is aware his brother is having need, and shuts those bowels of his from him, how does the love of God dwell in him?
18. My children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deeds and in truth.
19. And by this we know that we are of the truth, and before him, we are confident in our hearts.
20. That if we are condemned by our hearts, that of God is greater than that of our hearts, for indeed he knows all [things].
21. Beloved, if our hearts condemn us not, we have confidence towards God.
22. And whatsoever we ask, we receive from him, because we observe his commandments, and we do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23. And this is his commandment: that we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment [to do].
24. And he who keeps these commandments of his, abides in him, and he in him. And by [in] this we know that he is abiding in us, by the Spirit which he gave us.
Started translation 08:05 am 16th June, 2017, Completed translation 20:18 pm 16th June, 2017