1 John 2 – Authorised Lay Bible ALB
1. My little children, I write this to you, so that ye sin not. And if anyone sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous [one].
2. Indeed he himself is the atonement for those sins of ours. Not for our sins only, but also [for] those of the whole world.
3. And by this we know that we know him, if we observe his commandments.
4. He who says “I know him,” and does not observe those commandments of his, he is a liar, the truth is not in such a one.
5. But he who observes his word, in such a one truly is the love of God made perfect. By this know we that we are in him.
6. He who says he abides in him, ought just as he walked, [to] also walk likewise himself.
7. Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which ye have [had] from the beginning. This commandment is the same ancient one, the very same word which ye heard from the beginning.
8. Again, I write you a new commandment which is true in him, and in you; that the darkness is past, and the light of truth now shines [forth].
9. He who says he is existing in the light, and hates one of his brethren, is in the darkness even until this very moment.
10. He who loves his brother is abiding in the light, and there is no impediment in him.
11. But he who hates any one of his brothers, is in the darkness, and walks in the darkness, and sees [and knows] not where he goes, because the darkness has blinded those eyes of his
12. I write to you little children, because he has forgiven [and taken away from] you your sins for the sake of his name.
13. I write to ye fathers, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, children, because ye have known the Father.
14. I write to ye parents, because ye have known the one from the beginning. I write to you, ye young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God is abiding in you and ye have overcome the wicked one.
15. Love not the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, it is not the love of the Father that is in him.
16. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of the present life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17. And the world is passing away, and the lusts of it, but he who does the will of God abides for ever.
18. Children, it is the last hour, and just as ye heard of the antichrist, he is coming, and even now many antichrists have come [already], wherefore, we know that it is the last hour.
19. Out from [among] us they went, but they were not of us, for if they were of us, they would have abided with us. But, [they went from us] so that they might be exposed that they were not at all from us.
20. And ye have the charisma [anointing] from the Holy, and all knowing one.
21. I write not to you as though ye do not know the truth, but as though ye know it, and because ye all [know] that no lie can come out from the truth.
22. Who is he that is a liar, if not he that denies by saying that Jesus is not the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.
23. He who denies the Son, does not have the Father. He who confesses the Son, also has the Father.
24. Ye therefore, those things which ye heard from the beginning, in you let them abide. If in you they abide, those things which in the beginning ye heard, then in the Son and in the Father ye are abiding.
25. And this is the promise [of blessing] which he himself promised us, the divine life that is eternal.
26. These [things] I write to you, because of those that are [trying] to lead you astray.
27. And as for you, the charisma [anointing] which you have received from him, abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his charisma [anointing] teaches you about everything, and he is true, and is no lie, even so have ye been taught, to abide in him.
28. And now, little children, abide in him, so that whenever he is made manifest, we might have confidence [and freedom of speech], and not be ashamed before him, at his return.
29. If ye see that he is righteous, ye know that everyone who does things of righteousness, are born of him.
Started translation 09:02 am 15th June, 2017, Completed translation 16:48 pm 15th June, 2017