The Authorised Lay Bible, ALB
1. He who was from the beginning, whom we heard, who we saw with our eyes, who we looked upon, the one also who our hands touched, concerning the word of life.
2. Indeed the one who is life manifested, and we saw him, and we bear witness , and we declared to you that [divine] life that is eternal , which was with the Father, and was made manifest to us.
3. What we saw, and we heard, we declare to you, so that ye also will have fellowship with us. And the fellowship is indeed with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
4. And we write this to you, so that your joy becomes full.
5. And this is the message which we heard from him, and declared them to you, that God is light, and in him there is no darkness, not one.
6. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and we walk in the darkness, we lie, and do not the truth.
7. But if we walk in the light, as he himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ the Son himself cleanses us from every sin.
8. If we say that we have never sinned, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us,
9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and the one who is the Word himself is not in us.
Started translation 08:56 am 12th June, 2017, Completed translation 08:57 am 15th June, 2017