The Authorised Lay Bible
1. Now, beloved, this is the second epistle I am writing to you, in which I awaken you by reminding you of these things in your pure minds.
2. Be mindful of those rhema, those things which were foretold by the holy prophets, and those ones which we, the apostles of the Lord and Saviour, commanded.
3. Knowing this first, that there shall come in the ending of time, mockers walking according to their own selfish lusts.
4. And they shall be saying, “Where is the promised blessing of his return ? For since the fathers fell asleep, everything from the beginning has remained the same.
5. For they themselves desired that these things be hidden from them, [although] they have been in existence since of old, since the heavens and the earth were established from water and through water, by the word of God.
6. By which the world at that time was destroyed with overflowing waters.
7. But the one now, the heaven and the earth are preserved by the same word for fire unto the day of judgement and destruction of the wicked.
8. But of this one thing, be not ignorant about, beloved, because one day before the Lord is like a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9. The Lord is not delaying [the fulfilment] of his promise, as some consider him to be slow, but is patient towards us, not willing that anyone should perish, but that everyone should repentfully yield to him.
10. But the day of the Lord shall come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens with a loud noise, shall pass away, and the elements shall melt and be burnt up, and the earth and those who toil in them shall be burnt up.
11. Seeing that all things are to be destroyed, it is necessary that ye should be such persons conducting themselves in holy deportment and godliness.
12. Watching hopefully and eagerly for the coming of the day of our Lord, through which the heavens shall be set aflame and destroyed, and the elements melt with fervent heat.
13. But we await a new heaven and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells, according to the promise.
14. Wherefore, dearly beloved, in expectation of this, endeavour ye to be spotless, and blameless, meeting with him in peace.
15. And consider ye the patience of our Lord as salvation, even as our beloved brother Paulos wrote to you, according to the wisdom given to him.
16. As also in every of those epistles of his, he speaks in them concerning these things, in which are some things difficult to comprehend, things which some who are unlearned and inconstant wrestle with, as also the rest of the scriptures, toward their own destruction.
17. You therefore, beloved, be ye watchful, having been forewarned beforehand, so that ye fall not from your own steadfastness, by being led astray.
18. But grow ye in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and into the days of the eternal ages. Amen.
Started translation 15:09 pm 7th June, 2017, Completed 20:36 pm 9th June, 2017.