The Authorised Lay Bible
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there shall be false teachers also among you, who shall secretly bring in destructive heresies, and shall make it their business to deny their master who redeemed them, bringing to themselves swift destruction.
2. And many shall of themselves follow after them to their destruction, those through whom the way of truth is blasphemed.
3. And in their greed they shall mould words of wax, making merchandise of you; [for] their condemnation which is from ancient times, shall no longer be delayed, and the destruction of them shall no more be asleep.
4. For if God spared not those angels that sinned, but gave them over to chains of darkness in the abysmal Hell [of Tartarosa,] to be kept for judgement,
5. And spared not the first world, except the eight, for he watched over Noah the preacher of righteousness, bringing the flood over the godless of his world.
6. And the cities of Sodoma and Gomorrha he gave judgement against to be overthrown with catastrophe, a warning set in place for those intending to live wickedly.
7. And righteous Lot, who was oppressed, he rescued from those set in their nature of lawlessness to act in their promiscuity.
8. For seeing and hearing these while he dwelled among them in righteousness from day to day, his righteous soul was vexed at their wicked works.
9. He knew that the Lord rescues the godly from their trials, but those that are unrighteous, he reserves for punishment unto the day of judgement.
10. But especially, those walking in the abominable lusts of sodomy in their flesh and rebel against authorities; they boast that they are not afraid to blaspheme against the glorious one.
11. Whereas angels, who are of greater might and power do not bring injurious report against them before the Lord.
12. But these, like irrational beasts, were born naturally for captivity and destruction, in that what they are ignorant about, they speak evil against, and they destroy themselves by their destructiveness.
13. They shall receive their due reward of unrighteousness, for living in lustful pleasure in the days of luxury even in spots and blemishes, they delight greatly in their own deceits, while they feast together with you.
14. They have eyes full of adulteries, and are restless to sin, they bait the souls that are unstable, having a heart nakedly greedy, accursed children.
15. They have abandoned the straight way, they follow the way of Balaam of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness.
16. But he had rebuke for his own transgression: a dumb donkey, speaking with a man’s voice, withstood the foolhardiness of the prophet.
17. These [men] are springs without water, clouds driven by tempests, those whom the blackness of darkness has been reserved for throughout the ages.
18. For they utter great swelling depravities, they entice through the lusts of the flesh, with promiscuity, those who truly seek to flee away from them, [and] those who turn back again are led astray.
19. They promise them licentious liberty, they themselves readily become servants of corruption, for he by whom one is overcome, by such a one is he brought into enslavement.
20. For if after escaping the defilements of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled and overcome, they become worse in the end than when they began.
21. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness, than to know it and to turn from those holy commandments delivered to them.
22. But of them it has come to be fulfilled the truthful saying, “A dog returns to his own vomit.” And, “A swine that is bathed clean returns to wallow in the mud.”
Started translation 21:30 pm 28th May, 2017, Completed 15:09 pm 5th June, 2017.