The Inspired Lay Bible
1. Symeon Petros, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have inherited the same precious faith as we have, in the righteousness of our God, and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
2. Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord.
3. Who has bestowed to us, all things by his Divine power, all things pertaining to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us for the sake of his glory and virtue.
4. By which things are bestowed on us great and precious promises, so that through these, ye might become godlike partakers, sharing his nature, escaping from the corruption and lust that is in the world.
5. Wherefore, for this very reason, and alongside all diligence in them, he furnished ye abundantly with your faith, virtue; and with virtue, knowledge;
6. And with that knowledge temperance, and with temperance, perseverance, and with patience, godliness.
7. And with godliness brotherly love, and with brotherly love, [divine] love.
8. For if these begin to rule in you, and superabound, they render you neither idle, nor fruitless in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. For he in whom these are not present, he is blind, his eyes are shut, he cannot see, and has been overtaken by his forgetting that he has been cleansed from his former sins.
10. Wherefore, much more, brethren, ye should diligently endeavour to make firm your calling and election. For if ye do these things, you shall never stumble, [not even] for once.
11. For in this way, it shall supply abundantly to you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
12. Wherefore, I shall not be negligent about reminding you [of] these things, although you know and are steadfast in the present truth.
13. But I consider it right, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to awaken you up in remembrance,
14. Knowing that soon, my tabernacle is to be put away, even as our Lord Jesus Christ made it plain to me.
15. But I shall endeavour to do so at all times that I have before my exodus, to remind you to do these things.
16. For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known to you the power and returning of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eye-witnesses of his majesty .
17. For he received from God the Father honour and glory; such was his voice that came from his magnificent glory, “This is he who is my beloved son, of whom I am well pleased.”
18. And indeed, this very saying we heard when it came out from heaven, when we were with him in the holy mountain.
19. And we have confirmation of the word of prophecy, which ye do well to hold unto in your minds , as a lamp shinning in a frosty [dark and dusty] place, until that day dawns, and bring forth light to rise in those hearts of yours.
20. Knowing this first, that every prophecy of written scripture, did not come from the prophet’s own determination .
21. For it was never by the will of man in ancient times, that prophecies came, but by the Holy Spirit they came to be uttered by those holy men of God.
Started translation 21:30 pm 28th May, 2017, Completed 19:07 4th June, 2017.