The Inspired Lay Bible
1. I exhort those that are elders among you as a fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and as a partaker of the glory that is to be revealed.
2. Tend the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight not with force, but voluntarily. Not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind and spirit.
3. Not as overlords of their inheritance, but by being examples to the flock.
4. And at the manifestation of the Chief Shepherd, ye shall receive the never fading crown of glory.
5. Likewise, ye younger ones, be subject to the elders. And in everything, be ye subject to one another, girding yourselves in humbleness of mind, for God resists the proud, but to the humble he gives grace.
6. Humble ye yourselves therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he would lift you high in due season.
7. All your cares, cast upon him, for he cares for you.
8. Be ye sober, be ye vigilant, because that adversary of what is right, who is your adversary the Devil, as a roaring lion, he prowls, seeking whose soul he might devour.
9. Whom resist ye steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings in the world are experienced also by your brothers.
10. And the only God of all grace, [the one] who called us to his eternal glory in Christ Jesus, after ye have suffered a short while, make you perfect, steadfast, strengthen you, and establish you himself.
11. To him be the glory, and the might forever and ever. Amen.
12. Through Siloanus who is a faithful brother to you, I reckon by these few written words, exhorting and witnessing these to be the true grace of God in which ye stand.
13. They greet you, those who are in Babylon, chosen together with you, and Markos who is my son.
14. Greet ye one another with a kiss of love. Peace be to you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.
Started translation 13:53 pm 28th May, 2017, Completed 21:27 pm 28th May, 2017.