The Inspred Lay Bible
1. Since Christ truly suffered for our sakes in the flesh, ye also ought to equip yourselves likewise in your minds, because ye have suffered in your flesh, ceasing from sinning.
2. Being no more among those men of lusts, but resting on the will of God during the remaining time ye have to live in this flesh.
3. For it is sufficient for you to depart from that time of your life when you worked out the will of the Gentiles, walking in lasciviousness, lusts, drunkenness and abominable idolatries.
4. In which they consider it strange that you do not run along with them in those same unsavedness overflowing with riot, and they speak evil of you.
5. Who shall give account to him that is having himself in readiness to judge the living and the dead.
6. For this reason also, was the gospel proclaimed to those that were dead, so that they are judged according to men in the flesh, but they live according to God in the Spirit.
7. But the end of all things is near. Be ye of sound mind therefore and be mindful of these in your prayers.
8. And above all these, have love that stretches out among you, because love covers a multitude of sins.
9. Be hospitable to one another, without murmuring.
10. As everyone has received charisma, let him so serve, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
11. If any speaks, let him speak as an oracle of God; if any serves, let him do it as with the ability which he is endowed by God, so that in everything, only God is glorified through Jesus Christ, whose is the glory and the might forever and ever, Amen.
12. Beloved, be ye not astonished that ye are tried by fiery trials that have come to you, as though some strange things happened to you.
13. Rather, as those who are come into fellowship with the sufferings of Christ, rejoice; so that ye will also rejoice with exceeding exultations, in the revelation of his glory.
14. If ye are reviled for the name of Christ, blessed are ye, because the glory and the Spirit of God rests upon you. For indeed, against themselves are they who blaspheme him, but as for you, he is glorified.
15. Therefore, do not allow anyone of you to suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evil doer, or as a busybody in the affairs of others.
16. But if [he suffer] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but rather let him glorify God in this very respect.
17. Because the time is come for judgement to begin from the house of God. But if it begins first from us, what then shall be the end of those who do not obey the proclaimed good news of the only God?
18. And if the righteous is saved with difficulty, it is evident what will befall those that are ungodly is.
19. Wherefore then, those who suffer according to the will of God should, as the founder of faith did, commit their souls to him by doing good.
Started translation 09:40 am 28th May, 2017, Completed 13:52 pm 28th May, 2017.