1. Separate yourselves therefore from malice, and all wiles and hypocrisies and envies and all evil speakings,
2. As newborn babies, desire ye the unadulterated spiritual milk [of the word], so that by it ye may grow in them.
3. If indeed ye have tasted that the Lord is good.
4. To him ye have come, to s living stone, rejected by mankind, but chosen by God, as precious.
5. And ye yourselves as living stones ye are being built up, a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices, [that are] acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
6. Wherefore also, it is contained in the scriptures, “See, I have laid in Sion a stone at the corner, a [stone] chosen and precious, and whoever believes on him, shall never be put to shame.
7. To those of you therefore who believe, he is precious. But to those who believe not, he is a stone rejected by the builders of the house. He himself has become the head of the corner.
8. And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of entrapment, to those who rebel against the word, who believe not on the one who is the appointed one.
9. But ye are a chosen generation, a kingdom of priests , a holy nation, a special people redeemed, that they may show forth the virtues of him who called ye out of darkness to his marvellous light.
10. Ye who formerly were not his people, but are now the people of God; who had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
11. Beloved of his, I exhort you as those from my household, and of my people. Abstain from those lusts of the flesh, which are at war with your soul.
12. The manner of life you should have among the nations should be good, so that when they speak against you as an evil doer, they shall for those good works of yours which they have seen, glorify the only God in the day of reckoning.
13. Submit ye yourselves therefore, to all governments of man, because of the Lord, whether it be to the king, as he who is over them,
14. Or to his officials, as those through whom he executes punishment on evil doers, and commendation on those that do well.
15. For so is the will of God, that with well doing, you may muzzle to silence the foolishness of ignorant men.
16. Be as those that are freeborn, and not as those who have used their liberty as a veil for evil, but as servants of God.
17. Honour ye all men, love ye the brethren . Fear God only. Honour the king.
18. Those who are of a household should be under authority to their own managers, not only to those that are good and considerate, but also to those that are crooked.
19. For this is acceptable, if through conscience towards God, anyone endures suffering unjustly.
20. For what manner of merit is there, if you sin and you incur punishments for them? But if ye do good, and suffer for it, endure ye, this is acceptable with God.
21. For unto this were ye called, for Christ also suffered for your sakes, leaving behind for us written examples, so that we may follow after his footsteps.
22. He who had no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth.
23. He, who when he was reviled, he reviled not back; he [rather] suffered, he threatened not, but entrusted himself to him who judges righteously.
24. Who himself bore our sins in his own body upon the wood, so that we who had died to sins, might live for the righteousness of him by whose stripes ye were healed.
25. For ye were as sheep going astray, but ye are now return to the shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
Started translation 10:56 am 25th May, 2017, Completed 12:50 pm 26th May, 2017.