1. Petros [Peter], an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those chosen ones dwelling as foreigners in diaspora in Pontos, Galatia, Kappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia.
2. According to the foreknowledge of the Father, by the sanctification of the Spirit, into obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ. Grace and peace be multiplied to you.
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy regenerated us to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
4. To an inheritance [that is] incorruptible and unsullied and unfading, reserved in heaven for you.
5. Who are by the power of God, protected through faith, for the salvation [that is] ready to be unveiled in the last time.
6. In which ye should rejoice, for a short while, though it was necessary, having been made sorrowful by diverse sorts of trials.
7. So that the proving of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it be proved by fire, might be found to the praise and honour and glory, through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
8. Whom [though] ye having not seen, [yet ye love; before whom at this moment, though ye see him not, yet you are persuaded in believing in him, and are leaping with joy unspeakable and indescribable glory.
9. Receiving the end of your faith: even the salvation of your souls.
10. Concerning which salvation the prophets sought out for and searched diligently concerning them, prophesying of the grace that would come to you.
11. They enquired of him, into who, [what, where], what else and what season this would be made manifest by the Spirit of Christ; for they testified beforehand of the sufferings of Christ [the anointed one], and the glory that would follow.
12. To whom it was revealed that it was not of themselves, but of us they were ministering about, things which now are being reported among you through those who proclaimed the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things unto which angels longingly stretch their necks to gaze at.
13. Wherefore , gird up afresh those loins of your mind, be sober, hoping to the end on the grace that came to you by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
14. As children of obedience, do not pattern yourselves to those former things in the ignorance of your lusts.
15. Rather, according to him who called you holy, who also is himself holy, in everything be ye holy in all your way of life.
16. For it is written, “Be ye holy, for I am holy.”
17. Also, if ye call upon the Father, who without respect of persons judges everyone according to their works, do ye so in fear, as ye dwell during this short life of your pilgrimage,
18. Knowing that it was not with perishable silver or gold that ye were redeemed from the vanity of the way of life handed down to you as tradition by your fathers.
19. But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
20. Foreknown indeed before the conception of the world, but who is made manifest at these end times for you.
21. Those who through him have faith in him in God who raised him from the dead, and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope might be in God.
22. Now that ye have purified your souls by obedience to the truth through the Spirit to brotherly love unfeigned, love ye one another fervently from a pure heart.
23. Being born again, not of perishable seed, but incorruptible, through the word of the living God, who abides forever [into the ages].
24. For all flesh are as grass, and all glory of man as the blooming flower of the grass. The grass withers, and the flower itself falls away.
25. But the rhema of the Lord abides forever. And this is the rhema that is evangelised among you.
Started translation 16:38 pm 20th May, 2017, Completed 13:41 pm 23rd May, 2017.