1. What causes disputes and fightings among you? Are they not from within you? From those hedonistic lusts of yours that are at war within your members?
2. Ye crave and ye have not. Ye murder and ye are envious, and yet are not able to obtain. Ye fight and ye quarrel, but ye have not, because you ask him not.
3. Ye ask and ye do not receive, solely because you ask improperly , so that you may consume them in those lusts of yours.
4. Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that friendship with this world is enmity with God? Whoever wishes therefore, who is willing to be this world’s friend, makes himself an enemy of God.
5. Or do ye think that it is in vain that the scripture speaks? For earnestly jealous is the spirit which dwells within you.
6. But he gives great grace, wherefore he says, “God resists those that are proud, but to those who are humble, he bestows with grace.
7. Submit ye yourselves therefore to God, stand ye against the devil, and he shall flee from you.
8. Draw ye near to God, and he shall draw near to you. Cleanse ye your hands ye sinners, and purify your hearts ye double-minded.
9. Be ye miserable and mourn ye. That laughter of yours shall turn afterwards into mourning, and your joy to sadness.
10. Humble ye yourselves before the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
11. Against one another speak ye not, brethren. He that speaks against his brother, and he that judges his brother, speaks against the law, and judges the law. But if ye judge the law, ye are not a doer of the law, but a judge.
12. There is only one law-giver who has the power to save and to destroy. You, who are you that you judge another?
13. Be guided now, those of ye who say, “Today or tomorrow, I shall go into this or that city, and we shall do a year there, and we shall trade and make gain.
14. Whereas you cannot comprehend [the evils] of tomorrow. For what nature is your life? Without doubt, it is vapour, which for a little while shined forth, and thereafter disappears.
15. Because of this [instead], you should say, “If the Lord wills, so shall we live, and we shall do this or that thing.
16. But now, ye glory in those empty boasts of yours. All acts of glorying such as that is evil.
17. He who knows then, how to do good, and does it not, he is sinning.
Started translation 11:51 am 16th May, 2017, Completed 16:06 pm 16th May, 2017.