1. Now, faith is the confidence [and hope] supporting our very existence , the practical evidence of those things that are not seen .
2. For by it, the elders were witnessed about.
3. By faith, we comprehend that the worlds were fitted together by the creative word of God , for out of the things that are not seen , those things that are seen became .
4. By faith, Abel offered to God, a much greater sacrifice than Kain, by which it was witnessed of him, that he was righteous , for he having witness of those gifts from God himself, and through it, though dead, yet speaks.
5. By faith, Enoch was translated such that he did not see death, and was not found, because, he had been translated by God, for before that translation, it was testified about him, that he was well pleasing to God.
6. But without faith it is impossible to please him, for faith is a necessary thing to have, for he who comes to God [must believe] that he is, and that those who seek him are rewarded.
7. By faith Noah on being instructed about those things not yet seen, he devotedly constructed [furnished and equipped] the ark towards the salvation of his household, through which he judged the world, and thus by faith he became the heir of righteousness.
8. By faith Abraham when he was called, he obeyed and went forth into the place he was about to receive as an inheritance, and knew not where he was going.
9. By faith he dwelt as a foreigner in the same land promised to him, as though it was another’s own. As a stranger, he resided in tents with Isaac and Yacob who were heirs of the same promise with himself.
10. For he sought for himself a city having foundations, whose architect and governor for the people is God.
11. By faith also, Sarah herself was empowered to conceive seed, when she was beyond her due season in age, brought forth a son, because she considered him faithful, who himself had commanded it.
12. Wherefore also, out of one, came forth generations, and out of those who were dead, came forth multitudes as those stars of heaven, and as it were, as the sands by the seashore, countless .
13. These died in faith, every one of them, not receiving the promised blessings, but afar off they saw them, and were pursuaded in them, and drew themselves towards them, and agreed together in their speech that they were aliens and immigrants upon the earth.
14. For those who speak in this way, they speak plainly that they are seekers of a fatherland .
15. And if truly they were mindful of where they came forth from, they would have sought opportunity to return back.
16. But now, they aspire and reach forth for a better one, that is for an heavenly one; wherefore, he is not ashamed to be their God, for God had called those he had prepared, for their city.
17. By faith, Abraham offered his Isaac himself when he was tried, even his only begotten son did he offer, who should receive the inheritance of the promised blessing.
18. Him of whom it had been said, that in Isaac shall your seed be called:
19. Because he counted him also able to raise him up from the dead, by the power of God, from whence he himself also received him back in a parable.
20. By faith, concerning things to come, Isaac blessed Yacob and Esau,
21. By faith Jacob, when he laid dying, blessed each of the sons of Yoseph, and worshipped bowing upon the top of his staff.
22. By faith, Yoseph, close to his end, made mention of the departure of the children of Israel, and gave command concerning his bones.
23. By faith, Moses, after he was born, was hid three months by his parents, because they saw the comeliness of the young child, and were not afraid of the edict of the king.
24. By faith, Moses having become great, he refused to be called the son of the daughter of Pharaoh,
25. Preferring rather to be afflicted with the people of God, than to have for a season, the enjoyment of sin.
26. For he considered the great riches of leading them in the treasures of Egypt to be a reproach to him as the anointed one , for his focus was to the one rewarding his assignment.
27. By faith, he left Egypt, not fearing the fury of the king, for he feared the unseen one whom he had seen to be mighty.
28. By faith, he instituted the Passover, and the sprinkling of blood, so that he who was the destroyer of those who were firstborn, would not touch theirs.
29. By faith they passed through the Reed Sea as though it were through dry land, which the Egyptians attempting to so do, they were drowned.
30. By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were encircled for seven days.
31. By faith, Rahab the harlot was not destroyed with those who believed not. She received those spies with peace.
32. And what more now shall I say? For it is impossible for me to recount fully in so short a time, about Gedeon , Barak, and also of Samson, and Yephtah, of David, and also of Samuel, and of those that were prophets;
33. Who through faith they subdued kingdoms, they worked righteousness, they obtained promises [of blessings], stopped the mouths of lions.
34. They quenched the power of fire, they escaped the edge of the sword, they were empowered out from weaknesses, they became mighty in warfare, putting to flight alien armies in encampments.
35. Women received back by resurrection, those who were their dead. And others were beaten like a drum , who did not obtain release, because they sought to hit the mark of a better resurrection.
36. Moreover, others with mockeries and floggings were they tried, and also with imprisonment and surveillance.
37. They were stoned, they were sawn into two, they were tempted [burnt alive, mutilated, strangled, crucified] , they were slaughtered to their deaths with the sword, they wandered about in sheepskins, and in goatskins, they were discriminated against, they were oppressed, they were victimised .
38. They were those of whom the world was not deserving; in wildernesses they wandered, and mountains, and caves, and those holes of the earth.
39. And all these, despite their testimony of faith, did not receive the promised blessing.
40. The only God, because of us, provided beforehand better things, so that without us they would not be made perfect.
Started translation 22:26 pm 23rf February, 2017, Completed 14:28pm 2nd March, 2017.