1. For a shadow, which is the law they were having, was an expression of good things to come, and not of itself the archetype image of those things which are in existence. Thus, those who according to it, yearly offered their sacrifices continually, were never able to perfect those who draw near [to God] by it,
2. Seeing that they would not cease to make offerings, because there is none of those who serve therein, who do not have still the consciousness of sins once they were cleansed.
3. But in them is the remembrance of sin from year to year.
4. For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
5. Wherefore, coming into the world, he said, ‘Sacrifice and offerings you desire not, but a body have you prepared me.
6. A whole burnt offering also for sin you have no delight it.
7. Then I said, behold ye, I am come, in the section of the book it is written concerning me, to do O God, only your will.’
8. After, he said, ‘For sacrifice and offerings, and whole burnt offerings also for sin you do not desire, neither do you delight in it, even though they offered it according to the law.
9. There again, he professed, ‘Behold ye, I have come to do, O God, only your will.’ He takes away the first, so that he might establish the second.
10. By that willing of his, we are made holy through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11. And truly, every of those who are set as priest come down daily to render service publicly, and these themselves frequently offer sacrifices which have no power able to take away sins.
12. But he himself, having once for all, for the sake of those sins, offered sacrifices for them, which is carried through to perpetuity, he sat down at the right hand of God.
13. Awaiting to receive that rest until he has placed those enemies of his, as footstool under his feet.
14. For by one offering he has perfected and completed forever, those that are sanctified by him.
15. And witnessing to us also, the Holy Spirit again, said of this beforehand,
16. This is the covenant which I will make with them after those days, says the Lord, I will give my laws into their hearts, and will write them into their minds.
17. But their sins and their transgressions will I remember no more.
18. Now, where there is remission of these, there is not anymore now offering for sins.
19. We have therefore, brethren, boldness [and freedom], to enter into the holy of holies by the blood of Jesus.
20. Who is the one who consecrated for us a way, by a fresh and living sacrifice through the veil, that is, the flesh of himself.
21. And is also a great high priest over the house of God.
22. Let us draw near [to him] with a true heart, in the fullness of faith, having those hearts of ours sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
23. Let us hold unflinchingly to the profession of this hope, being unshakable, for faithful is he who promised.
24. And let us be mindful for one another, to stir up love and good works.
25. Not forsaking the gathering together of ourselves, as is the custom of some, but exhorting yourselves, and much more greater and greatly the more as ye see that day draw nearer.
26. For if we sin wilfully, after we have received the fullness of the knowledge of the truth, there is not anymore a sacrifice remaining for sin.
27. Except a definite dread of that coming judgement, and raging fire about to consume these contrary ones.
28. Whoever disregards the law of Moses, dies without pity on the witness of two or three.
29. What greater and sorer punishment do you suppose, he deserves, who tramples down [underfoot] the Son of God, and insult the Spirit of grace by which he was made holy .
30. For we know him who said, ‘Vengeance is mine.’ ‘I will recompense’, says the Lord. And again, ‘The Lord himself shall judge his people.’
31. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
32. Now, remember ye those former days, after you became enlightened, the great struggles you lived under with suffering.
33. That indeed, you were not only reproached, but also persecuted, and were made a theatre. And also [remember] that you were associates of those that were in this condition; you became the humiliated – the turned upside down people.
34. And you sympathised for those in prison with me, and the seizure of your possessions, you accepted with joy; knowing that you have for yourselves, a far more better and enduring possession in heaven.
35. Cast not away therefore, your boldness [and freedom], which has great recompense of reward.
36. For ye have need of patience, so that having done the will of God, you will obtain the blessing promised.
37. For yet a little while, the Most Great One, he who is to come, shall come and shall not delay.
38. But the just by faith shall live, and if anyone draws back, I shall not have pleasure in my soul in him.
39. But, we are not of those who timidly draw back into damnation, but of those who believe unto the salvation of the soul.
Started translation 10:10 am 16th January, 2017, Completed 14:21pm 22nd February, 2017.