1. Now, the principal point of those things which we have spoken about is this: we have a high priest, who sits at the right hand of His Majesty in the heavens.
2. He is an officer of holiness and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord himself set up and fastened together, and not a man.
3. For every high priest is ordained to offer not only gifts, but he is also [set] to offer sacrifices. Wherefore, it is necessary for this one to have that which he is to offer .
4. For if at all he were on earth, he would not even be a priest, being that those priests that offer [them], offer gifts according to the law.
5. They are a model and a shadow of ministrations in the heavens, even as Moses was who officiated public and divine matters. When he was to construct the tabernacle, he said, ‘See that you make everything according to the pattern I showed you on the mountain.’
6. But now, having obtained a different and more excellent office, he is also the mediator of a greater and better covenant which is established upon better promises of blessings.
7. For if the first of this [covenant] was faultless, he would not have sought a place whatsoever for a second.
8. But he found fault with them, for he himself said, ‘Behold, the day comes, when I, says the Lord, shall also at the same time bring to pass upon the house of Israel and upon the house of Judah, a new covenant.
9. Not according to the covenant which I made with their fathers, in the day when I took them out by my own hands, to lead them out of Egypt, however, they did not continue in that covenant of mine, I as well did not care about them myself, says the Lord.’
10. For this is the covenant which I will covenant with the house of Israel after those days, for upon their hearts will I write, and I shall be the only God to them, and they shall be to me for a people.
11. And they shall not anymore teach each one his neighbour, and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord. Because everyone of them shall know me, from the smallest of them to the greatest of them.
12. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and to their sins, and to their lawlessness. I shall not forever remember them anymore.’
13. When he spoke of the new, he made obsolete the first, now that which is old and aging, is now vanishing away.
Started translation 2:27 am 15th February, 2017; Completed translation 5:23 am 15th February, 2017.