1. I testify therefore, before the only God and the Lord Jesus Christ who judges those that are living, and those that are dead, according to the appearing of himself and that kingdom of his.
2. Preach his word, be at it in season and out of season, reprove, convict, exhort with all patience and teaching.
3. For there shall come a time, when the sound doctrine shall not be upheld, but with the lustfulness of their own selfishness, they shall heap up for themselves teachers, that will rub [scratch, tickle] the ear.
4. And shall verily, turn away their ears from the truth, and they shall turn towards mysticism [fables, myths] that are twisted .
5. But as for you, be clear in your mind; in everything endure difficulties, do the work of an evangelist, that office of yours, fulfil your ministry.
6. For I am already poured out [as a drink offering], and I am ready for the time of my unloosing;
7. The fight that is good, I have fought; the race that is mine, I have finished; the faith, I have held fast to, firmly to the end.
8. Henceforth, there is laid for me the crown of righteousness, which the one who is the Lord, the righteous judge, shall render to me in that day of his. But [it shall be rendered] not only to me, but also to all those who love him, at the appearance of himself.
9. Endeavour earnestly to come to me.
10. For Demas has deserted me, loving the things of this present world, and has journeyed to Thessaloniki, Kreskes to Galatia, Titos to Dalmatia.
11. Only Loukas is with me. Take Markos with you, for he is useful to me in the ministry.
12. But Tychikos I have appointed to be sent to Ephesians.
13. The mantle which I left behind in Trooadi near the fruit [tree] with Karpos, bring along with you when you come, and the books, especially those parchments.
14. Alexandria the coppersmith did me great evils, who the Lord himself shall repay according to his works.
15. Of whom also you should be on guard. For they exceedingly stood against us to death because of his words.
16. At the first public defence of myself, no one came together to my side to plead for me, but they all deserted me. May it not be recorded against them.
17. But the Lord stood with me, and endued me with power, so that through me the proclamation ordered was rendered fully, and heard by all nations. And I was rescued out of the mouth of the lion.
18. And the Lord rescued me from all evil workers, and saved me for his own kingdom that is heavenly; unto whom be the glory for ever and ever. Amen.
19. Greetings to Prisms and Akulas and the household of Onesiphoros.
20. Erastos remained at Korinthos, but Trophimus I left behind at Miletos, for he was sick.
21. Hasten to come before the stormy season. Greet ye Eubolous, and Poured, and Linos, and Klaudia, and all those who are brethren.
22. The Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. The grace be with you.
Started translation 11:12 am 24th January, 2017, Completed 15:36 pm 24th January, 2017.