1. Paulos, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the message of life that is in Christ Jesus,
2. To Timotheos, my beloved son, grace, mercy , and peace from God the Father, and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. Gratitude is what I have towards God to whom I am employed, whom I serve as my progenitors [those who have been before me ] have done, with a pure conscience, as I fail not to have concern for you, remembering to mention you in those prayers of mine, night and day.
4. Yearning earnestly for you, to see you; remembering those tears of yours, so that joy will fill me up.
5. Being reminded that you have received in you, faith unfeigned, which dwelt formerly in your grandmother Looidi, and your mother Euneike; and I am persuaded that it is also in you.
6. For which cause, I call you to remembrance to keep alive the fire of the charisma of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
7. For we have not been given by God, the spirit of fear , but of power, and of love, and of his sound mind.
8. Do not therefore, be made ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his very prisoner, rather, suffer together with him by preaching the gospel according to the power of God.
9. He who saved us and called us to his sacred calling in holiness, which is not according to our works , but according to his own purpose and grace, which he gave to those of us in Christ Jesus before the times of the ages.
10. But is now made manifest at the present time through the appearance of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, who indeed deenergised death and brought to light, life and incorruptibility through the gospel [that is preached].
11. For which I am appointed a heralder , and apostle [sent messenger], and teacher to the nations [of the Gentiles].
12. By this cause also, I have undergone those painful experiences, but I shall not be ashamed. For I know whom I have believed and I am persuaded that he is powerful to protect that which I have entrusted to his care until that very day.
13. Uphold the model you have, which are sound words you heard from me in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
14. That good thing entrusted to your care, protect through the Holy Spirit who dwells in you.
15. Know this, that they have turned away from me, all those who were with me in Asia, among whom are Phugellos and Hermogenes.
16. Give mercy O Lord, to the household of Onesiphoros, for frequently I was greatly refreshed by them , and of my chains, they were never ashamed.
17. But on coming into Rome , he most eagerly sought to find me and did meet me.
18. Give to him O Lord, for coming to meet me, mercy from the Lord in that very day of yours, and for how greatly he served at Ephesus, of which you know very well.
Started translation 1:30 am 22nd January, 2017, Completed 11:25 am 22nd January, 2017.