1. Do not sharply rebuke an old man, but rather entreat him as a father, those that are young, as brothers;
2. The older women as mothers, the young women as sisters, in all purity.
3. [As for] the widow, honour those who are widows indeed.
4. However, if any widow have children or grandchildren, they should learn first to be godly towards their own household, and render what is due to their parents. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God.
5. But she who is a widow indeed and alone, trusts in God, and continues in her petitions for her need, and prays night and day.
6. But she who lives luxuriously [in pleasure], is a living dead.
7. And these things you should command, so that they might be irreproachable.
8. But if any of them are selfish, and do not provide, especially for their household, [s]he has denied the faith, and is worse than an unbeliever.
9. A widow to be listed [as an elder] should not be less in age than sixty years, being the wife of one man.
10. With a testimony of good works; If she has raised children, if she was hospitable, if those who have been made holy have had their feet washed by her, if she has helped [relieved and defended] those who are persecuted, if in every good work she has been an example.
11. But those who are new widows do not enlist, for when they begin to be headstrong towards Christ, they will marry.
12. They will have guilt because of their first faith which they have set aside .
13. But at the same time also, they will be idle, and they would learn to wander about from house to houses with other widows [and women] also who are idle. And also, they will be prating, and meddling in the work of others, saying things that are not necessary .
14. Therefore, this being so, I am disposed that those who are newly widowed should [re]marry, bear children, manage the affairs of their household , giving no one any space to start causing oppositions to revile her grace.
15. For already, some have turned away backwards to follow Satan.
16. If any believing man or believing woman has widows, let them assist them themselves, and not burden them on the [local church] assembly, so that those who are widows indeed, would be assisted.
17. Those who have done well, should be appointed as elders deserving of double honour, especially those who labour tirelessly in word and doctrine .
18. For the Scripture says, ‘the ox that threshes [the corn], ye shall not muzzle.’ Also, that which befits the worker , the due deserving wages pay to him .
19. Receive not an accusation against an elder , if it is not from two or three witnesses.
20. Those that sin, convict them in the sight of all.
21. I testify to you before the sight of God and the Lord Jesus Christ, and those chosen angels of his, so that you will observe these things without prejudice, doing nothing with partiality.
22. Do not lay hands hastily on any one, neither be a partaker in the sins of others. Keep yourself holy.
23. Do not drink water alone any longer. But apply gently with your hand a little wine on the opening of the sharp gash wounds with those thick herbs for your maladies .
24. Some men’s sins are obvious, they go before they are judged [and condemned], but some of them follow after.
25. In like manner also, their good works are obvious, and those that are otherwise, they have no power to conceal.
Started translation 16:54pm 16th January, 2017, Completed 13:52 pm 17th January, 2017.