1. Trustworthy is the saying, if any man aspires for the office of a bishop , he desires a good work .
2. It is necessary therefore, that a bishop be irreproachable, the husband of one wife, sober, of sound mind, organised, able to relate , apt to teach;
3. Not near to wine, he is not quarrelsome, not greedy for dishonest gain, but above things that are like this, not contentious, not a lover of money;
4. who controls his own house responsibly, having his children in subjection with all dignity.
5. For if such a man over his own house does not know how to rule, how can he take care of the church of God?
6. Not a newly planted, so that he is not wrapped in a mist, [beclouded] by pride towards falling into the crime of the devil.
7. And it is necessary that he himself also should have a good testimony from those outside, so that he does not fall into reproach and entrapment of the devil.
8. [For those who are to be] Deacons likewise, they must be honest, they are not double-tongued, not near to much wine, neither are they greedy for dishonest gain.
9. Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10. And they should be tested [and approved] first, after that, they can serve as deacons, being unaccused [and unguilty of anything] .
11. Those who are women, in like manner must be honest, not she-devils, they must be sober, faithful in all things.
12. Deacons must be the husband of one wife , ruling their children and their own households well.
13. For those who serve well as deacons, secure a good standing for themselves, and great outspokenness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
14. These things I write to you, hoping that I shall come to you much sooner.
15. But in case I am delayed, it is necessary that they know how ye ought to conduct yourselves around in the household of God, as ye are the church of the Living God, the pillar and structure of truth.
16. And we are all agreed that great is the mystery of the godly design: God was manifested in the flesh, declared righteous in the Spirit, gazed at by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed upon in his world, raised up in glory.
Started translation 12:30 pm 14th January, 2017, Completed 10:24 am 16th January, 2017.