1. Paulos, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who is our hope;
2. To Timotheos, my true child in the faith: grace, mercy , and peace from God our Father, and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. As I instructed you to remain at Ephesus, when I departed for Makedonia, that you should charge some not to teach a contrary doctrine,
4. Nor devote attention to fables and endless genealogies, which cause controversies , rather than the building up of the household of God which is in faith.
5. But the end of this command is love from a pure heart, and a good conscience and faith that is unfeigned.
6. Which some, who are deviating from the mark have turned from, towards vain chatter.
7. Wishing to be teachers of the law, they have no understanding , not even of what they say, nor concerning those things which they strongly affirm.
8. But we know that the law is excellent if anyone by himself uses it lawfully.
9. Knowing this: that it is not for the righteous that the law is laid, but for those who are lawless and unsubjected , those who are ungodly and sinners, for those who are unholy and abominable , abusers of their fathers and abusers of their mothers, murderers ,
10. For prostitutes, sodomites , enslavers , liars, false-swearers , and whatever other things that are in opposition to the sound teaching,
11. That is in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God that was entrusted to me.
12. And also, the grace to have the empowerment in me, through Christ Jesus our Lord who considered me trustworthy to be a leader, appointing me into the office.
13. I who formerly was a blasphemer and persecutor, and assaulter. But compassion was shown to me, because being ignorant, I did it in faithlessness.
14. Moreover, exceedingly abundant is that grace of our Lord, with the faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
15. Faithful is his word and worthy of acceptance by all, that Christ Jesus came into this world to save sinners, which previously I was.
16. This notwithstanding, I obtained mercy, such that in me first, Jesus Christ shewed forth all his long-suffering, as an example to those who intend to believe in him unto life everlasting.
17. Now to the King who is Eternal, incorruptible, invisible, the only [wise] God, be honour and glory unto the ages and for ever.
18. This is the charge I entrust to you, my son Timothee , according to those prophecies which went forth previously upon you, so that as a warrior, you would by yourself wage a good warfare by them.
19. Having [and holding firm to] faith and a good conscience, which some have thrust away to the other side, as a consequence to their faith, leading their ship to wreck.
20. Among whom are Humenaios and Alexandros, those of whom I have handed over to Satan, so that they might be disciplined never to blaspheme .
Started translation 9:00 am 5th January, 2017, Completed 12:32 pm 7th January, 2017. Additional corrections to verses 19 and 20 on 23rd January, 2017 wrongly replaced with 1 Timothy 1:19-20