1. But we ask this of you, brethren, regarding the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together unto him,
2. To the end that ye be not tossed about from the mind, neither be in tumult, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by epistle purporting to be from us, that [claims] that the day of the Lord is now on us .
3. Let no one whatsoever deceive you, bringing ye down by making you turn to nothing, since it cannot so occur , because the apostasy must first occur, together with the revelation of the man of sin, the son of perdition .
4. The one who is the adversary , who vaunts himself up over everything, putting forth himself as the God that is to be worshipped, insomuch that he goes into the temple of the only God, and sits as God, showing off himself that he is God.
5. Remember ye not that while I was still with you, I spoke to you of these things?
6. And at this present time, ye know who is restraining him, to the intent that he himself shall be revealed as himself in his appointed time.
7. For the mystery of anomalies is already energised to work, only the restrainer at this moment, is holding him back till he comes out from the midst.
8. And then shall be revealed the lawless one, who the only Lord shall destroy by himself with the Spirit of his mouth, putting an end [to him] at the manifestation of his coming.
9. Whose coming down is according to the energy of Satan in all power and signs, and lying wonders,
10. And with every deceit of unrighteousness in those that are perishing, because they did not receive [or hold unto] the love of truth, for their own salvation .
11. And on account of that, God himself sent them the energy of error, so that they themselves believe the lie.
12. In order that they might all be damned who did not believe the truth, but pleasure in unrighteousness.
13. Nevertheless, we owe God thanksgiving at all times, because ye, brethren, beloved of the Lord, since we are the elect of God from the beginning, unto salvation, by the sanctification of the Spirit, and belief in the truth.
14. Towards which you were called through the gospel we evangelised, towards the preservation of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15. So then, brethren, stand firm and hold ye unto the traditions which we taught, whether by word, or by our epistle.
16. But the one who is our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God who is also our Father himself, who loves us, and gave us everlasting consolation, and lovely hope through grace,
17. Encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every word and work.
Started translation 1:43 am 10th January, 2017, Completed 10:35 am 10th January, 2017.