Colossians 3 – Lay Bible
1. If therefore, you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where the Christ is sitting at the right hand of God.
2. On things above, set your mind, not on things upon the earth.
3. For you died, and this life of yours is hidden with Christ in God.
4. When therefore Christ is manifested, who is our life, then also, shall ye with him be manifest in glory.
5. Mortify therefore, those body-members of yours, that are upon the earth: fornication, uncleanness, lust , evil desire, and that covetousness, which is idolatry.
6. Through which things comes the wrath of God upon those sons of the rebellious one.
7. With whom you once walked, while you were living in them.
8. But now, put away also, all these from you: wrath, rage, malice, blasphemy, shameful language , out of your mouth.
9. Lie not to one another; wholly put off from yourself the old man with his practices,
10. And put on the new man, that is renewed in knowledge, according to the image of him who created him.
11. Where there is nothing as Hellenic [Greek] or Jewish, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or freeborn citizen; but the everything and in all is Christ.
12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of compassion , virtue , humility, meekness, forbearance;
13. Upholding one another, and forgiving yourselves. If anyone has a grudge towards another, just as Christ himself forgave you, do so also to them.
14. Over everything and such things, love; which is the bond of perfection.
15. And the peace of God govern in those hearts of yours, for which also you were called in one body. So, be mindful of these favours and be grateful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you [all], richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing yourselves, [in] psalms, and hymns, and songs of the spiritual, with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17. And everything whatsoever that anyone wishes to do, in word, or in business, [do] everything in the Spirit of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
18. Ye wives, subject yourselves to your own husbands, as it should be in the Lord.
19. Ye husbands, love your wives, and do not be bitter towards them.
20. Ye children, obey your parents in everything, for this is well-pleasing to the Lord.
21. Ye fathers, do not harass your children, so that they be not despondent.
22. Ye servants, obey in everything, those who are, according to the flesh, your lords , not with eye-service as men-pleasers [do], but with sincerity of heart, fearing God .
23. And in all things whatsoever, that you wish to do, from the soul do them, as to the Lord, and not to men.
24. Knowing that from the Lord shall you receive the reward of the inheritance; for it is the Lord Christ, ye serve.
25. But he that acts unjustly, shall be recompensed for that injustice, and there is no partiality.
Started translation 17:58 pm 24th December 2016, Completed 15:43 pm 26th December 2016.