Colossians 2 – Lay Bible
1. For I would that you see how great an anguish I am having for your sakes, and for those in Laodikeia, and those who have not seen my face in the flesh.
2. So that their hearts would be encouraged, uniting them in love, even unto all the riches of the firm pursuasion of understanding, unto the full knowledge of the mystery of God the Father and of Christ.
3. In whom are hidden, all the treasures of wisdom and of knowledge
4. But I say this, so that no man whatsoever, beguile you with plausible words.
5. For though indeed I am absent in the flesh, nevertheless, in the spirit I am present with you; rejoicing and seeing your orderliness and structure, and the steadfastness of your faith towards Christ.
6. As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in him.
7. Having been rooted and built up in him, and made firm in the faith, just as you were taught, super-abounding with thanksgiving.
8. See to it [therefore], that not one of you is the one being led into captivity, through philosophy and vain deceit, according to the precepts of men; according to the fundaments of this world, and not according to Christ.
9. For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godness in bodily form.
10. And you are in him complete, who is the head of all principalities and authorities .
11. In whom also, you were circumcised, with the circumcision made without hands, in the putting off of the flesh, in the circumcision of Christ.
12. Buried with him in baptism, in whom also you were raised together with him, through the faith of the energy of God, who raised him from the dead.
13. And you being dead in the transgression and the circumcision of your flesh, he made alive with himself, having forgiven us all our transgressions .
14. Blotting out totally the handwriting against us, of the dogma which were adversary to us, and by himself, taking it upon himself out of the midst, nailing it to himself, to his cross.
15. Stripping off completely the principalities and authorities, making a spectacle of them, triumphing by himself [over them] by it.
16. Let no one therefore, divide you, with either eating, or in drinking, or with regard to a holy day, or new moon, or sabbaths.
17. Which is a shadow of things to come; but nevertheless, the body is of Christ.
18. Let none of you be robbed of the prize through unjust decisions as some are fond of doing, with baseness of mind and worship of angels, who do not perceive what they have entered into, being vain in their puffed-up nature in that they only mind the things of the flesh.
19. And hold not to the head, from whom all the body, through their joints and bands, are being supplied, and knit together, increasing with the increase of God.
20. If then, you died with Christ, from the basic elements of the world, why [is it] as though you are still living by the dogma of the world:
21. Touch not, or taste not, or handle not;
22. Which are all to perish with use; according to the precepts and teachings of men.
23. In that they are speaking clearly of wisdom in arbitrary will-worship and humility of a sort that neglects the body; which are not of any value, except for the gratification of the flesh.
Started translation 10:21am 22nd December 2016, Completed 15:43 23rd 29th December 2016.