Philippians 4 – Lay Bible
1. So then, my brethren, my dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and my crown, in this manner, stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.
2. The sweet fragrance [of encouragement] bearing your name, indeed arrived successfully [together with the encouragement] bearing your name , which [of] itself, to my mind, is by the Lord.
3. Also, I sincerely ask this of you Suzyge [my fellow prisoner], by yourself, assist those arrested , who in the evangelising of the gospel, were co-runners [who suffered and laboured] with me and Clementos, and the rest of my co-workers, those whose names are written in the book of life.
4. Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say, rejoice.
5. Let this character of yours, be known to all men. The Lord is near.
6. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and by supplication after the giving of thanks, let your requests be made known to God alone .
7. And the peace of God be supreme in everyone’s mind, guarding your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.
8. As for the rest, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honourable, whatsoever things are righteous, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be anything excellent , and if there be anything commendable , these are what counts .
9. And that which you have learnt, and received, and heard, and seen in me, the same do, and the God of peace be with you.
10. But I rejoice in the Lord exceedingly that even now, you are once again blossoming in your concern for me, which before also you had in mind but you lacked the opportunity .
11. It is not that I am down in lack that I speak, for I have learnt in whatever state, to be content.
12. I also have had experience of scarcity and I have experience of superabundance, in everything and in nothing, I have learnt the secrets also of pasturing full and toiling in hunger; experiencing superabundance and experiencing scarcity.
13. I can do all things in Christ who empowers me.
14. Notwithstanding, you have done well to be partakers with me in my troubles.
15. But you saw also, you Philippians, that in the beginning of the evangelising of the gospel, when I went forth from Macedonia, no assembly participated with me in the matter of giving and receiving, if not you alone.
16. For in Thessaloniki also, you sent towards my needs, one and again .
17. Not because I crave the gift, but I desire that fruit super-abound to your account.
18. I have now everything in excess. I am fully supplied, having received from Epaphroditos the things from you, a sweet fragrance, a well-pleasing sacrifice to God.
19. And my God shall supply to the fullest every need of yours, according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
20. Now, to our God and Father, let glory be to him forever and ever, Amen.
21. Greet everyone who has been made holy in Christ Jesus. They greet you, the brethren who are with me.
22. Greetings to you from all the saints, especially, those from the house of Ceaser.
23. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
Started translation 1:10am 17th December 2016, Completed translation 13:16pm 18th December 2016
© 2016 Laybible International, © Dele Ikeorha