1. Become ye therefore imitators of God, as children [dearly] beloved;
2. And walk in love, just as Christ himself loved us, and yielded himself over for our sakes as an offering and a sacrifice to God, for an aroma of sweetness .
3. But sexual immorality , and all uncleanness , or avarice , let it never be identified with you, as is proper for those who are holy .
4. Likewise, profanities , foolish talking, or distortion of what is good : these are not appropriate; our duty however is the giving of thanks.
5. This indeed, you are coming to know: that every prostitute , or unclean or avaricious person, which is idolatry, has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God .
6. Let no one deceive you with vain words, for through these [things] comes the wrath of God upon the sons of the disobedient one.
7. Do not therefore become associates with them.
8. For you were once darkness, but now, [you are] light in the Lord. As children of light, walk [therefore];
9. For the fruit of his light is in everything good , and righteous and truth;
10. Ascertaining what is well-pleasing [and acceptable] to the Lord.
11. Therefore, do not become an associate of their businesses; they yield no fruits, only darkness, and more; but rather, expose them.
12. For the things done in secret by them are perverse , [shameful] even to speak of.
13. And now, anything exposed under the light, are made apparent, for everything that makes manifest is light.
14. Wherefore, it says, ‘Awake, you that are sleeping, and arise from the dead: upon you Christ shall shine.’
15. Seeing therefore, how exactly you should walk, be not as unwise, but as wise,
16. Trading [vigorously] with the limited time, for these days are evil .
17. This being so, do not be mindless , but rather, know with understanding the will of the Lord.
18. And be not drunk with wine, in which is riot , but be filled with the Spirit;
19. Speaking to yourselves in psalms, hymns and songs of the Spirit ; singing and making melodies in your heart to the Lord;
20. Giving thanks always, for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, [to] the only God and Father;
21. Submitting yourselves to one another in the fear of God.
22. The wives, to their own husbands, should be submissive, as to the Lord.
23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ heads the Church, and is himself, the saviour of the body.
24. Howbeit, just as the Church is subject to Christ, so the wife to her own husband in everything.
25. The husbands should love their wives, even as Christ also loved the Church and gave himself for her;
26. So that he will sanctify her, cleansing her, bathing her in the rhema-word;
27. So that he might place her beside himself in glory, his church not having spot, wrinkle, [or] any such thing, but rather that it may be holy and without blemish.
28. Likewise, the duty of the husband is love to his wife, even as his own body. He who loves his wife, loves himself;
29. For no one ever [for once] hates his own flesh, but [rather], nourishes and cherishes himself, even as the Lord, his church:
30. For members we are, of his body, of his flesh and also of his bones.
31. For this one reason, shall a man depart from his father and his mother, and be joined, himself to his own wife, and be one, the two into one flesh.
32. This mystery of his is great . But I speak of Christ and of his church.
33. Notwithstanding this, you yourselves and indeed everyone in particular from one to everyone, let him so love his wife as himself, while the wife herself revere her husband.
Started translation 19:45pm 25th November 2016, Completed 29th November 2016.
© 2016 Lay Bible Foundation, Dele Ikeorha